Pineapple Chia Mojito Pudding
There is one thing that I think we can all agree on and that is a healthy, sweet dessert is where it is at. While this is no chocolate concoction, this is a nice treat to have for that sweet craving we all get from time to time.
- 1/3 C whole black chia seeds
- 1 C Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 C pineapple juice if you use canned, drain it from that can of crushed pineapple
- 1 C canned crushed pineapple juice drained
- 1/2 C toasted coconut chips
- mint sprigs as garnish
- lime slices as garnish
- Combine the chia, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and lime zest in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The chia seeds will expand and the mixture will be the consistency of pudding.
- In the morning create parfaits by layering chia pudding on the bottom of a glass, then add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple to each glass, another layer of chia pudding.
- Last, you can top these parfaits with toasted coconut chips, more crushed pineapple, mint, and extra lime slices, if desired. The chia pudding will last 5 days in the fridge.
Remember, to be honest, you should intake no more than 3 tablespoons of chia seeds a day (if you are eating them daily) or you're adding a lot more fiber and need to balance things out. Good fiber is good fiber, yes - but from experience, too much fiber can cause tummy aches and extra gas. If you've got the space for it, try out one of this great recipe using those seeds.